Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Sunday Night Shopping Trip

I'm getting ready for the "cart buster" sale that Kroger will be having starting on Sunday. I have been clipping, organizing and purging expired coupons (q's). I thought I would run in tonight and grab a few of this weeks deals while they were on sale.

That is the key to saving the money....stock up on the items that are on sale and you have a Q for while it's cheap so you don't have to pay full price later. (I haven't bought toothpaste in about a year!! And with my Q's I've not paid much more than .50 for a tube)

So here are a few deals that I got tonight.....

Cake from bakery $5.99....was on the "oops we baked too much" rack (I would have never checked this rack before). Was marked down to $2.99 and I had a Q for $1 off. I PAID $1.99

Kroger brand poptarts on sale for $1....had a .45 Q....I PAID .55...kroger Q would not double

Dole pineapple small cans on sale for .89....had a Q .55 off 2 (.55/2)...Q doubled to $1.10 so I PAID .34 A CAN!!!! I had 2 Q's so I got 4. Regular price was $1 and some change so this was a huge deal.

Underwood deviled ham was on sale for .99 a can....had a Q for $1/2...so basically it was a Buy one Get one Free (B1G1)

Bumble Bee tuna pouches were on sale for $1....had a Q for $1/2....once again B1G1

Progresso Soups....these are expensive and I rarely buy unless they are on sale big time. They were on sale for $1.79.....had a Q for .25 off one.....it doubled to .50 off....I PAID $1.29. These are usually closer to $2 so it wasn't a bad deal. I have a few extra of these Q's that I'd be glad to share.

French's Worstechere on sale for $1.79...Q for .50 which doubled to $1 off....I PAID .79....and it's a good size bottle.

Sun Detergent on sale for $2....Q for .50 off which doubled to $1 off...I PAID $1...Now I must say this detergent is not bad and I like to put it up for those emergencies when we forget we are out with a mountain of laundry.

Rold Gold pretzels on sale for $1.99....Q for .55 off which doubled to a $1.10 off...I PAID .89

Green Giant Frozen boxed vegetables on sale for $1...Q for .60/3 which doubled to $1.20...I PAID .60 A BOX...I only had 2 Q's so I got 6

Pepperidge Frozen Bread on sale for $2.99. They had a B1G1 deal....I had a .55/1 Q which doubled to $1.10 so I PAID ABOUT .90 for 2

This week they are having a big sale snack sale offering a free gallon of milk as incentive. Select Keebler cookies and crackers that were normally $3.99 were marked 4/$10. If you bought 4 then you got a FREE gallon of milk (which was priced at $3.19) Now I had a Q for $1/2 keebler snacks so for 2 Bags of Choc Chip Cookies, Boxes of Keebler crackers and 1 Gallon of milk I PAID $9....Normal price for all of that would have been $19.19

A CLOSEOUT
I noticed that they put a few of the Suave Deoderants on closeout. They were marked either .78 or .87...can't remember. If you had some Q's you could rack up on this because it doesn't go bad.

If you get a chance check out that website
southernsavers.com

As soon as I have an idea about what will be on sale I will post what I know.

Hope all have a great night!!

0 comments: